Friday, January 23, 2009

Isn't Our Brain Amazing?

You may have received this in an email and wondered...How Could I read This Paragraph of Mispelled words? When I first saw this, I was amazed that I actually could read and understand what I was reading.

Can You Read and Understand The Below Paragraph?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by ist lef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

It is said that we generally just read the first and last letters and have a quick recognition of the shape and content of the entire word. We process the written language in a dozen different brain areas. In most people, the left hemisphere of the brain is used the most.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e89ffb13db99dab9861a78bc2f3b8452