Sunday, February 1, 2009

Celebration and New Beginnings

As February begins, it reminds me that soon we will be observing the start of a most religious holiday.

If you are Christian/Catholic, the end of the month begins Lent, which preceeds Easter by 40 days. At this time, not only am I reminded of why we celebrate Easter, but my thoughts turn to spring...feeling renewed energy...when the trees and plants come to life. The overall feeling of new beginnings bring about such warm feelings.

I remember when my son was small, we use to celebrate Easter with an Easter Party. Before our big dinner, we would color Easter eggs and then have an Easter egg hunt. It has been many years since I have done that, but now I have a young niece who I want to experience that with.

At Celebrations.com, I found great ways I can bring the feeling of Easter to my niece. From teaching her the meaning of Easter by sharing the history which I believe in and reading her poems, to obtaining craft ideas to do with her, tips and even traditional recipes to enjoy. I'm glad to have found this site. Everything I need is in one place.

Of course Celebrations.com is not solely dedicated to Easter. They cover every imaginable event, celebration, theme party and entertaining idea. I joined their mailing list to receive their newsletter and bookmarked this site for future reference. You most likely will too!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e89ffb13db99dab9861a78bc2f3b8452