Friday, May 16, 2008

Does Religion/Spirituality Influence Your Life?

In what areas does Religion of Spirituality impact your life?

Spiritual awareness or spiritual awakening is the process we begin to explore our own being in order to become whole and reunite our spirits with our physical bodies.

At some point in everyone lives, I think we ponder the meaning of life and how we were all created. A higher power? I also think some may question faith in times of trouble, when having health issues, when we experience the loss of a loved one and then again, in happy times we may feel wonderful how our faith played a role in the situation.

Have you ever asked yourself any of these questions?
* Who am I?
* Why do I feel something is missing in my life?
* Is this all there is?
* Isn't there something better?

As children, some of us were raised with religion. I know I was, but as I grew older I was able to form my own beliefs. I consider myself to be a spiritual person, but whether I realize it or not sometimes, the religion basics I grew up with and my spiritual beliefs do play a part in my life.

Some ways my spirituality plays a role in my life is how I show care and compassion to others or how I try to practice patience, kindness, truthfulness, or unconditional love.

We are all spiritual in differing ways and to differing degrees at various times and you may not realize how your religion or spirituality is ever present.

Spirituality has been shown to reduces stress, promote healthy lifestyle choices and increase our feelings of belonging to a social network. Spirituality has also been an essential part of an individuals holistic health and well-being.

What are your thoughts on spirituality as the beliefs and values a person holds concerning one's place in the universe and reflecting one's connections with a higher power with social and physical environments?


Here's something to Ponder...
If Everyone Prayed...could we make a bigger difference?

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e89ffb13db99dab9861a78bc2f3b8452