Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Errors CAN Happen in the Hospital

I am very concerned about human error when in the hospital. My recent stay in the hospital brought about a few potential errors that might have occurred if I wasn't on top of my care and the medications I was to receive.

May I suggest that if you find yourself in the hospital or a loved one, make sure you get very involved in their care. You can not leave your life totally in the hands of others. You need to look after yourself.

I wrote a more in depth post on my other blog...A Circle of Women ~ Human Error While in the Hospital and included some Important Tips that you should be aware of. Please read for your safety and the safety of your loved ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had the hospital experience you've had (I hope it all turned out ok!) but I agree in general that we cannot put our health completely in someone else's hands - good example is with food....just because it's on the shelf (and even approved by FDA) does NOT mean that it's healthy and safe for you.

AC Associates said...

Hello Jolynn,
Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. Sorry for this late reply, but I've been recovering from this illness.

You are so right. There are plenty of things available to us that are not healthy. It's up to us to take care of ourselves and make the right choices.

 
ss_blog_claim=e89ffb13db99dab9861a78bc2f3b8452